Spilling something onto your carpet is always a disaster, but it’s not something you need to panic over. For every problem there is a solution, and even the toughest stains, such as red wine or coffee can be removed from your carpet.
There are all kinds of carpet cleaning tips available on the internet and a number of books published that give you handy hints using some unlikely cleaning products, such as vinegar and baking soda.
However, all these carpet cleaningtechniques follow the same basic rules:
- The key to keeping your carpet clean is acting quickly when a spillage is made. The longer you leave it, the more you risk of the stain becoming permanent.
- The method that you use to clean up the spillage will largely depend upon the type of spillage it is. For example, it might be that you can scrape up solids that are spilt or you may need to blot up the spillage if it’s a liquid.
- If you are using cleaning products, then you should test them out on a small, out of sight area of your carpet before you apply to the whole thing.
- Start cleaning from the edge of the stain and work towards the centre of it to prevent spreading.
- Never apply too much water to the stain as it may end up making the situation worse. Too much moisture in the carpet can cause moulding or it will loosen the fibres away from the backing.
- Always remember that you should dab rather than rub the spillage so that you avoid spreading it across a larger area. Rubbing will also wear and tear at the fabric.
If all else fails, then you should call a cleaning company London that specialises in carpet cleaning services. Carpet cleaners London will use state of the art equipment and non-toxic cleaning supplies to successfully remove all traces of the stains, making your carpet look brand new.
Copyright @ Carpet Cleaner